Evenin' All
Oh, my God!!! Today was HOT!!!!!!!!! Made worse by the fact that we went for a ride. Thinking we would be clever and beat the heat we started early - commenced cycling at about 7.30(ish). Which meant the that on my last day of leave I didn't get to sleep in - how sad :-(
I'm glad we started that early though, because it was hot even then. It was a nice ride, some slopes and some flat bits. We rode about 12.5km, and we averaged about 14 km/hr (we were doing a lot better, but got to a pretty bit and meandered around for a bit). Nita and I want to try and get our average rate speed up to 16-20km per hour, so it wasn't too bad for our first attempt at doing this.
After our ride, we had a picnic breakfast on Kurt & Marcelles front yard. Hope they didn't mind, because we kinda just made ourselves comfortable. It was really nice sitting in the shade, playing with the kids, chatting and laughing and just enjoying the time. I really enjoyed it. And it's definitely something that we need to do more of.
After breakie, we showed Brody how to put photos on his blog - he now has a really cute one on there. So hopefully we'll be seeing a lot of photos and postings now.
When we left there we visited Mum & Dad for a while - but it was soo hot and I just couldn't get cool. I bought Dad a wooden bin to make, so he can get the old guys at work to make them. Dad seemed to think it was good, so he went and copied it so they would have a project for tomorrow (Dad does OT with the old guys in the nursing home that he works at).
We left Mum & Dads place at about 2.30ish, and it was still very hot. When we got home we promptly found cool spots under aircon vents and basically became lumps that didn't move until about 7.30pm-ish - and it's still warm now.
Anyway it's late, and it's back to work for me tomorrow. So I should get some sleep. Also need to get up early and take the puppies for a walk.
Here are some photos from today.
Jorja the SuperStar!
Brody & Meggie Simon & his Girlfriend
Jorja & Me - we were singing!
So, now I'm trying to finalise my flights for my trip, and I think I'm almost there. So hopefully the flights will be booked and I can then start trying to work out the other logistics of the trip - ie accommodation, where to go and what to see. But for now, I'm rather content. All I need to do now is get my leave approved.
No comments:
Post a Comment