What a day!
I visited my sister today, which was nice. The excuses (not that one is needed) was that she plans on doing some lead lighting for the front door of their new house, and she wanted to see if the dremel could do some of the etching. So off I trot, dremel in hand -well not literally as it's a long drive to have only one hand on the wheel :-).
I get there and the roof frames are being delivered - very exciting and I'm sure Tony will have to roof built within days (well maybe weeks). He's fantastic at building/making stuff. Anyway, after that excitement, we realise that it's lunchtime. So we have lunch & a cuppa & a chat (well that's what visits are all about you know), we decide that we really should start the window stuff. So she gets out all the coloured glass (man there are some cool colours), and find that her glass cutter is missing (she wasn't happy). So she drives into town to see if she can get one, which there was, but it was a pretty crappy one apparently (I wouldn't know one glass cutter from another personally). So we attempt to cut the glass, and well this became an epic adventure. Straight lines no problems, the curves however where challenging. After a lot of broken glass (and not in the good sense - small fragments flying across the floor) we decided that it was just not meant to happen today and we would attempt this challenge at a later date (tomorrow possibly). So, we played with the dremel for a bit, checking to see if it could do what she wanted - and of course it can because dremels are just fabulous!!
So then we uploaded the programme for her new camera - which by the way is very nice. I like fuji cameras, and downloaded all 187 photos that she had on the camera. Job well done. Then the next problem of the day arose - she wanted to burn all her photos to cd. Easy enough I thought, but the universe decided that this would not be so. So, I do the normal thing and well, the process failed twice! Can you believe it - Twice. So rather than do my nana, which is my normal tactic, I said that I would get Simon to come down and check the computers out (as it had to be the computers fault - couldn't have been mine).
After all this entertainment (oh did I mention it was HOT!). I decided it was time for me to come home. It's an hour and a half's drive, and I didn't get home till 6.30pm. As I hadn't seen Simon all day (and I knew he'd be on the computer for most of the night), and the puppies had been neglected all day (well they would think that, as they didn't get to come with), I decided that we all needed a walk. Again it was still warm. The walk started with our normal things of having arms pulled from sockets as it's just soooo exciting going for a walk. Then we though since it's still ok out, lets go for a bit longer walk - so our half hour walk turned into an hour and a half walk, by which time the puppies where exhausted (no more pulling other than to say slow down!). Both puppies are asleep now, lying under various aircon ducts to ensure they stay cool.
And that was my day!
I get there and the roof frames are being delivered - very exciting and I'm sure Tony will have to roof built within days (well maybe weeks). He's fantastic at building/making stuff. Anyway, after that excitement, we realise that it's lunchtime. So we have lunch & a cuppa & a chat (well that's what visits are all about you know), we decide that we really should start the window stuff. So she gets out all the coloured glass (man there are some cool colours), and find that her glass cutter is missing (she wasn't happy). So she drives into town to see if she can get one, which there was, but it was a pretty crappy one apparently (I wouldn't know one glass cutter from another personally). So we attempt to cut the glass, and well this became an epic adventure. Straight lines no problems, the curves however where challenging. After a lot of broken glass (and not in the good sense - small fragments flying across the floor) we decided that it was just not meant to happen today and we would attempt this challenge at a later date (tomorrow possibly). So, we played with the dremel for a bit, checking to see if it could do what she wanted - and of course it can because dremels are just fabulous!!
So then we uploaded the programme for her new camera - which by the way is very nice. I like fuji cameras, and downloaded all 187 photos that she had on the camera. Job well done. Then the next problem of the day arose - she wanted to burn all her photos to cd. Easy enough I thought, but the universe decided that this would not be so. So, I do the normal thing and well, the process failed twice! Can you believe it - Twice. So rather than do my nana, which is my normal tactic, I said that I would get Simon to come down and check the computers out (as it had to be the computers fault - couldn't have been mine).
After all this entertainment (oh did I mention it was HOT!). I decided it was time for me to come home. It's an hour and a half's drive, and I didn't get home till 6.30pm. As I hadn't seen Simon all day (and I knew he'd be on the computer for most of the night), and the puppies had been neglected all day (well they would think that, as they didn't get to come with), I decided that we all needed a walk. Again it was still warm. The walk started with our normal things of having arms pulled from sockets as it's just soooo exciting going for a walk. Then we though since it's still ok out, lets go for a bit longer walk - so our half hour walk turned into an hour and a half walk, by which time the puppies where exhausted (no more pulling other than to say slow down!). Both puppies are asleep now, lying under various aircon ducts to ensure they stay cool.
And that was my day!
Here's a photo of Holly the wonderpuppy
& Shona (the miniture Lucy)
No comments:
Post a Comment